I CAN Go To College Informational Materials

I CAN Go To College Informational Materials

Student Resources & Support Services

Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) Program

EOPS students who are single parents receiving public assistance can also access the CARE program for additional support services.

Credit for Prior Learning

Credit for Prior Learning helps students get credit for what they already know and can do, saving them time and money on their educational path.

Dual Enrollment

Dual enrollment gives high school students college credit for completing college courses that also count toward their high school diploma.

Exclusive Aid for Veterans

Veterans Benefits Administration provides education and career training benefits to current service members, veterans and their families.

Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)

EOPS connects students disadvantaged by social, economic, educational or linguistic barriers with the resources to succeed at any California community college.

Foster Youth Help/Extended Foster Care

Foster Youth Help is a place for foster youth to learn about their rights and resolve issues related to care, placement and services.

Students Displaced by College Closures and Natural Disasters

California community colleges will work with you to determine the next steps you’ll need to continue your education, including financial aid.

Students Experiencing Homelessness

For students struggling to afford essential needs such as housing and food, your local college may offer additional financial support or resources to help.

Transitional Housing Placement Program (THPP) and THP-Plus

Transitional Housing Placement Program helps foster youth between 16 and 18 years old emancipate by providing a safe environment and teaching self-reliance.

Foster Youth

Foster youth students who were in care on or after their 16th birthday can apply for a Chafee Grant up until they turn 26.

Undocumented Students

California Department of Social Services/DACA Support

California Department of Social Services funds programs and provides community education that helps immigrants living in California, including DACA students.

Supporting Undocumented Students

California community colleges offer numerous services to undocumented students protected by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy.

Student Health and Wellness

California Community Colleges Health & Wellness

Supporting the 115 CCC colleges in identifying, implementing and sustaining strategies for addressing student health, mental health, wellness and basic needs.

Crisis Text Line

The Crisis Text Line is a free and confidential 24/7 text and WhatsApp counseling service available to any California community college student who may be experiencing a mental health challenge. Text COURAGE to 741741 to be connected to a trained crisis counselor. Available in English and Spanish.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides confidential assistance to anyone in crisis and their loved ones through a live chat and free 24-hour hotline at 800-273-8255.

Wellness Ambassador Program

The California Community Colleges Wellness Ambassador Program trains community college students to serve as advocates for the mental health and wellness of their peers.

Online Learning

California Virtual Campus (CVC)

Explore your options for online courses and degree programs at 70 California community colleges.

Career Help & Opportunities

Career One Stop

Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Career One Stop is your complete source for career exploration, training and resources.

Career Pathways and Information

The career you always wanted is waiting for you. California community colleges offer you the career training and support you need to find it.

Salary Surfer

Helping students and their families make important decisions about investing time and money in a college education.

Food & Housing

Free Money for Groceries

The CalFresh program helps students buy food and eat healthier by giving them extra cash for groceries.

On-Campus Housing

Some California community colleges offer on-campus housing options. Take the next step and see if on-campus housing is available near you.

Types of Financial Aid

CalGrant Transfer Entitlement Award

This grant provides free money for students who plan to transfer directly from a California community college to a four-year university.

Federal Student Aid Information and Pell Grants

The U.S. Department of Education's Office of Federal Student Aid provides more than $120 billion each year to help students pay for college.

Post-9/11 GI Bill

Qualifying veterans and their families can get money to cover the costs of college or career education programs through the GI Bill.

Pell Grants

Federal Pell Grants go to undergraduate students without college degrees who come from low-income families.

Cal Grant Program

Cal Grants get awarded to California resident undergraduates based on financial need, academic performance and other factors.

Promise Grants

Low-income students and students receiving cash assistance may automatically apply for a California College Promise Grant (CCPG).

Student Scholarships

The California Community Colleges Scholarship Endowment (CCCSE) offers over 3,000 student scholarships per year.

Work-Study Programs

Federal work-study students earn money to pay for college by working a part-time job on-campus or out in the community.

Financial Aid Options

We have many different types of financial aid available to our diverse student body. Discover all the ways that you can get help paying for your education.

Financial Aid Applications & Forms

CalGrant GPA Verification Form

CalGrant GPAs are only accepted if certified by a school electronically or submitted on the paper GPA Verification Form. No transcripts are accepted.

California Dream Act Application (CADAA)

Undocumented and eligible non-resident students should submit a California Dream Act Application (CADAA) to qualify for various financial aid opportunities.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

U.S. citizens must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to qualify for all kinds of financial aid opportunities, including federal grants.

Financial Aid Options

We have many different types of financial aid available to our diverse student body. Discover all the ways that you can get help paying for your education.

Campaign Materials

Resources for Advertising and Outreach

We offer various free collateral and promotional materials to organizations and departments who want to spread the word about our financial aid opportunities.

Campaign Videos

Campaign videos are available to download. We hope you find these materials helpful in promoting and explaining all of the opportunities California community colleges have to offer.

Advertising Assets

Advertising assets are available to download. We hope you find these materials helpful in promoting and explaining all of the opportunities California community colleges have to offer.

Undocumented Student Action Week Assets

FAFSA Social & Display Assets

Undocumented Student Support Videos

American Indian and Alaskan Native Assets

Economic Impact Report

Dual Enrollment Campaign Materials

Credit for Prior Learning Campaign Materials

Cal Grant Campaign Materials

Advocacy Day Toolkit

Chancellor Oakley's Podcasts

Enrollment Campaign Toolkit

Enrollment Campaign Digital Toolkit

Enrollment Paid Social Assets

Enrollment Display Assets

Enrollment Social Templated Assets

Enrollment Videos

Media Inquiries

Press Releases

For specific media inquiries, please contact: Paige Marlatt Dorr, Director of Communications and Marketing California Community Colleges

Got questions?
We’ve got answers.

All Paths FAQs