California Dream Act Application, CADAA

CADAA gives financial aid to undocumented and non-resident students.

California Dream Act eligibility is based on immigration status and educational experience.

Undocumented Student Resource Centers and Designated Liaisons are located on California community college campuses to provide answers and support for students.


Undocumented, Dream Act-eligible students should fill out a California Dream Act Application (CADAA) instead of the FAFSA form. There is no need to fill out both applications. The CADAA is the first step toward securing financial aid. Be sure to submit the CADAA and a certified GPA by the March 2 Cal Grant deadline to get the most assistance possible. After completing your CADAA, you must create a WebGrants 4 Students account at to check your Cal Grant eligibility status. Submit a signed “Non-Resident Exemption” Request (some schools will refer to this document as an “AB 540 affidavit”) to your school of choice to qualify for in-state fees at a community college.

Award Amount

The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) processes the application, and any aid received can only be used at eligible California public or private institutions. Qualified students can receive financial assistance such as private scholarships funded through public universities, state-administered financial aid, university grants, California College Promise Grant (CCPG) fee waivers and Cal Grants.

Support Services

California Department of Social Services/DACA Support
California Department of Social Services funds programs and provides community education that helps immigrants living in California, including DACA students.

Immigration Legal Resource Center
Immigration Legal Resource Center works with immigrants, community organizations and the legal sector to help build a society that values diversity and rights.

Supporting Undocumented Students
California community colleges offer numerous services to undocumented students protected by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy.

More financial aid programs are available.

Most U.S. citizens qualify for financial aid with a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Undocumented students can get assistance through the California Dream Act (CADAA).



Federal Pell Grants go to undergraduate students without college degrees who come from low-income families.

Learn More



Cal Grants get awarded to California resident undergraduates based on financial need, academic performance and other factors.

Learn More



Low-income students and students receiving cash assistance may automatically apply for a California College Promise Grant (CCPG).

Learn More



The California Community Colleges Scholarship Endowment (CCCSE) offers over 3,000 student scholarships per year.

Learn More


Part-Time Employment

Federal work-study students earn money to pay for college by working a part-time job on-campus or out in the community.

Learn More



Foster youth students who were in care on or after their 16th birthday can apply for a Chafee Grant up until they turn 26.

Learn More

Got questions?
We’ve got answers.

All Paths FAQs