Student Success Completion Grant

Additional financial aid for full-time students

Take more classes. Get more money.

You may qualify for up to $8,000 more per year in financial aid through the Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG). The grant offers full-time students additional aid to help offset college costs and to help students complete their educational goals as quickly as possible.

What Is It?

The Student Success Completion Grant is a financial aid program that helps you afford full-time enrollment so you can graduate, begin your career and start earning money sooner. If you’re a current California community college student or are planning to enroll, you now have the opportunity to receive more financial aid as a full-time student.

Financial Aid For Full-Time Students

12-14.99 units / semester* = $1,298 / semester ($2,596 per year)

15+ units / semester* = $4,000 / semester ($8,000 per year)

With the Student Success Completion Grant, the more classes you take, the more money you’re eligible to receive. You can get up to $8,000 a year to help cover education and living expenses. That means you can work less, take more classes and stay on track to get your degree faster. Dream future, here you come!

*Contact your local community college to find out how much aid is available per quarter, if they are not on a semester system.

How Does It Work

This grant provides an additional annual award of up to $2,596 per year if you take 12 - 14.99 units per semester, or up to $8,000 if you take 15+ units per semester. So, you’ll want to take at least 15 units per semester (about five classes) to receive the most money possible and earn your degree in two years. You’ve got this!

Am I Eligible

You are eligible for the Student Success Completion Grant if you enroll full-time (12+ units per semester), apply for financial aid and are awarded a Cal Grant B or C. To stay eligible for this grant you will need to maintain satisfactory academic performance including a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) or higher. Contact the financial aid office at your college for more information.

How Do I Apply

Just complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) and your financial aid office will determine your eligibility and automatically award you this grant. The FAFSA form and CADAA are available beginning October 1 each year. Be sure to complete the forms as soon as possible (but no later than the Sept. 2 Cal Grant deadline) to receive the most aid possible. If you’ve already completed the FAFSA or CADAA, your application form will be reviewed and you will receive the Student Success Completion Grant if you are eligible, so there is no need to re-apply.

What Else Do I Need To Know?

Having a plan is key to your success. College counselors are there for you to help set up an education plan that outlines the classes you’ll need to take to stay on track and get your degree as soon as possible. Don’t wait! Talk with a college counselor today and get started on your path to graduation and the career of your dreams.

More financial aid programs are available.

Most U.S. citizens qualify for financial aid with a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Undocumented students can get assistance through the California Dream Act (CADAA).



Federal Pell Grants go to undergraduate students without college degrees who come from low-income families.

Learn More



Cal Grants get awarded to California resident undergraduates based on financial need, academic performance and other factors.

Learn More



Low-income students and students receiving cash assistance may automatically apply for a California College Promise Grant (CCPG).

Learn More



The California Community Colleges Scholarship Endowment (CCCSE) offers over 3,000 student scholarships per year.

Learn More


Part-Time Employment

Federal work-study students earn money to pay for college by working a part-time job on-campus or out in the community.

Learn More



Foster youth students who were in care on or after their 16th birthday can apply for a Chafee Grant up until they turn 26.

Learn More

Got questions?
We’ve got answers.

All Paths FAQs