California Community Colleges Cal Grant High School Entitlement Award Students Sitting on Library Floor

Cal Grant High School Entitlement Award

Cal Grant High School Entitlement Award can help you pay for your college education.

The Cal Grant High School Entitlement Award is for current high school seniors and recent high school graduates.

Cal Grant A is for low-income to middle-income students with a minimum 3.00 high school GPA. Cal Grant B is for low-income students with a minimum 2.00 high school GPA.

Cal Grant High School Entitlement Award Students Smiling and Walking Across California Community College Campus


Once you submit your completed FAFSA or CADAA and high school GPA, you will be considered for the appropriate Cal Grant award based on GPA, financial need and college of attendance. Create an account at WebGrants 4 Students after submitting your FAFSA or CADAA to view your award status.

Award Amount

If awarded at a California community college, Cal Grant A funds will be held in reserve for up to two academic years until you transfer to a four-year tuition institution in California. At that point, the grant money will be used to cover tuition and fees. At a CSU (California State University) - $5,742. At a UC (University of California) -$12,570. At a Private Non-Profit School - $9,084. At a Private For-Profit School (WASC Accredited) - $8,056. At a Private For-Profit School (Non-WASC Accredited) - $4,000.

Cal Grant B offers $1,656 as a living allowance plus an additional amount of $5,742 (CSU); $12,570 (UC); $9,084 (Private Non-Profit); $8,056 (Private For-Profit School (WASC Accredited)); or $4,000 (Private For-Profit School (Non WASC Accredited)) may be available to cover the systemwide tuition and fees.

More financial aid programs are available.

Most U.S. citizens qualify for financial aid with a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Undocumented students can get assistance through the California Dream Act (CADAA).



Federal Pell Grants go to undergraduate students without college degrees who come from low-income families.

Learn More



CalGrants get awarded to California resident undergraduates based on financial need, academic performance and other factors.

Learn More



Low-income students and students receiving cash assistance may automatically apply for a California College Promise Grant (CCPG).

Learn More



The California Community Colleges Scholarship Endowment (CCCSE) offers over 3,000 student scholarships per year.

Learn More


Part-Time Employment

Federal work-study students earn money to pay for college by working a part-time job on-campus or out in the community.

Learn More



Foster youth students who were in care on or after their 16th birthday can apply for a Chafee Grant up until they turn 26.

Learn More

Got questions?
We’ve got answers.

All Paths FAQs