Associate Degree for Transfer

Find the Transfer Program that’s right for you. Get your general education and college major preparation done at a California community college offering this program. Then, you can transfer to a participating four-year university to complete your bachelor’s degree in this field of study.

A Degree with a Guarantee

California community colleges and partnering institutions created the transfer program to make it easier for community college students to transfer to a guaranteed saved spot at a participating four-year university where you can earn a bachelor's degree.

Enroll Now


Dozens of Transfer Destinations

Our graduates transfer to a wide variety of four-year universities, including CSU institutions, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), fully online and out-of-state universities and independent colleges and universities in California. Read more about planning your transfer to an HBCU. A list of other participating four-year universities, including fully online and out-of-state, is available here.


Dozens of Transfer Degree Programs

Get your associate of arts degree for transfer (AA-T) or associate of science degree for transfer (AS-T) in one of 40 majors that lead to thousands of transfer pathways at participating 4-year universities.


Thousands of Transfer Pathways

Whether you have specific career goals or you're still finding your way, our transfer degree programs will put you on the road to success. Use our Transfer Tool to discover your transfer options today.


Nearly Limitless Benefits

You significantly boost your future earning power by obtaining a bachelor's degree. You also save time and money by starting at a community college while receiving an associate degree along the way.

The Transfer Process

Every year, over 100,000 California community college students transfer to a four-year university to earn their bachelor's degree every year. That's why we made the process streamlined and stress-free.
  1. Step 1:
    Start at a California community college

    Complete your general education requirements and major-specific coursework at a California community college. Keep your grades up. Meet the requirements for your preferred university and major, and submit all application materials on time when ready to transfer.

  2. Step 2:
    Transfer to your saved spot

    Students who complete 60 semester units of required coursework and meet all admission requirements can receive guaranteed admission into participating four-year colleges.

  3. Step 3:
    Earn your bachelor's degree

    After you transfer, you will start as a junior at your new university. In most cases, you will be only 60 semester units away from earning your bachelor's degree. You will not be required to repeat courses similar to those you already completed.

Transfer Tool

Discover your transfer options

Plan your transfer from community college to a university while earning a degree. Let us show you all your potential destinations and we will help you figure out a path to get you there.

Discover your transfer options. Start by selecting a Community College.

Filter Your Options

Discover your transfer options from

Filter Your Options

transferable degree programs from

Discover your transfer options. Start by selecting a Transfer Destination.

Filter Your Options

Discover your transfer options from

Filter Your Options

Discover your transfer options. Start by selecting a Transferrable Degree Program.

Filter Your Options

transferable degree programs

Discover your transfer options with a degree in

Filter Your Options

community colleges with a degree in
    Unfortunately no transfer options are available for this program.

Your path to a bachelor’s degree at starts at a community college.

  • Your Program
  • Your Community College
  • Your Transfer Destination
Bachelors Degree Programs Available
Thank you

Paths described in the transfer tool are for educational purposes and do not guarantee acceptance to transfer destinations and other factors. Seek additional guidance with your college’s counselors to create a course plan that works for you.

Find the Transfer Degree Program for You

Filter Results

Need Help Paying for College?

Most U.S. citizens qualify for financial aid by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Undocumented and nonresident students get assistance through the California Dream Act Application (CADAA).

Salary Surfer

Helping students and their families make important decisions about investing time and money in a college education.

Promise Grants

Low-income students and students receiving cash assistance may automatically apply for a California College Promise Grant (CCPG).

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

U.S. citizens must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to qualify for all kinds of financial aid opportunities, including federal grants.

Foster Youth Help/Extended Foster Care

Foster Youth Help is a place for foster youth to learn about their rights and resolve issues related to care, placement and services.

Foster Youth

Foster youth students who were in care on or after their 16th birthday can apply for a Chafee Grant up until they turn 26.

Financial Aid Options

We have many different types of financial aid available to our diverse student body. Discover all the ways that you can get help paying for your education.

Got questions?
We’ve got answers.

All Paths FAQs